Thursday, July 07, 2005

Close to home

You're soon reminded how precarious the world situation is right now. I guess being from Canada, we enjoy some kind of insulation from the more violent world events and we always think that this kind of thing only happens so far from home.

I was stunned when my boss called me this morning to let me know about the explosions in London. She was calling me to warn me of airport chaos since I'm flying through Heathrow this afternoon on my way to Munich. I immediately thought of friends that I have in London, as well as many people that I work with - most of whom take the tube to work everyday.

I was looking at the tube map of affected stations. I had a job interview just outside one of the stations and I stayed at a hotel around the corner from another one of the stations just two months ago.

It's so close to home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm

No comments: