Monday, November 07, 2005

Some recent thoughts

Ok, I know I haven't written lately. There are a few reasons for it. I'm pretty happy in my new apartment so I haven't been going out into town as much - and into net cafes. I have broadband now though so I plan on posting more regularly from now on. Also, work has been shockingly busy, leaving me little time to think about other stuff.

I had a few thoughts for the topic of this post, but I've decided that for my first post back after my hiatus, I'll just post a collection of some random thoughts from the past week or two.

I can't believe that Kate Moss is still in the news here. What is so shocking about the fact that she's a cocaine addict? I thought it was shocking that pictures haven't come out before now.

I've been reading slate.com recently. They have a geat mix of articles from the political to pop cultural. This past week, I read a very good series about a terrorist's wife and also a couple of great articles about the high school prom. As my prom, uh I mean company Christmas party, is coming up, I found the prom series of articles very topical. No I don't intend on going to this year's Christmas party. Once you've graduated from high school, there is no reason to ever look back.

I can't believe that a senior White House politician is named Skippy - whoops, I mean Scooter. Ok, considering this current administration, I can believe it. However, nothing says "frat boy" more than the name Scooter. Does anyone take this guy seriously? Let me guess, Daddy got him into Yale, he rode his connections to the top, stole an election with the help of his governor brother.... oops, wrong Republican. Anyway, I think that you should never trust a man named for a child's mode of transportation. Verdict: Guilty. As an aside, this prosecuter seems to be really tough. I hope Official A is Karl Rove.

My newest favourite TV show is "Lost". Before anyone comments, pickings are slimmer here than back home.

No comments: