Wednesday, June 23, 2004

what's in a url?

I've had a couple of compliments regarding my choice of URL. First of all, thank you. I've also had a couple of questions about the inspiration behind it. Well, contrary to popular belief, it wasn't in any way connected with my move to Ireland but rather borne from an unfortunate incident at my 30th birthday party. No it wasn't just the drink, it turned out that I had the flu (no really). Anyway, I was recounting the events of my party to TH, a coworker, and said, "it came out of nowhere, I went from sober to smashed in 45 seconds". He then replied, "Ell, just promise me that whenever you do write your book, you'll use the phrase sober to smashed as your title".

So to give credit where credit is due: Thanks TH. It's not a book (yet) but it's on the Internet so that's something, right? Or maybe not.

TH, pour vous.

No comments: