Monday, July 05, 2004

here comes the rain again and again and again and again

I know it's not really fair to complain about the rain in Ireland. I mean, what did I expect? I also suppose that I was pretty spoiled this past Winter and Spring as it was unseasonably warm and dry. I just really didn't think it was this bad. I really thought there were good patches in between the rain spells. But there aren't.

July has been a total washout so far. I don't think my umbrella has ever seen this much action. This past weekend was cold, dreary and wet. Today, being Monday, it was really beautiful. Luckily I'm unemployed so I could enjoy it. Then tonight it started to rain again. We haven't gone one day in the past two weeks without rain.

I have figured out that I'm a summer baby. I need sun, and I need warm weather. I don't feel like it's summer at all and I'm starting to feel ripped off. I know I'll probably be depressed by autumn if this keeps up. The days will get shorter, the temperatures will get colder, and I'll be secure in the knowledge that it won't be nice and sunny again until next May - if I'm lucky. I never thought I would need a sun holiday in summer. I wonder if there are language requirements to work at a bar in Corfu?

No comments: